Jesus saves us from our sins and leads us into a new life. This salvation is the only way we can have a relationship with God.
Four things you need to know about salvation:
1. You receive salvation when you confess and believe.
God tells us that whoever believes in Him and confesses that belief can be saved. If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
2. Salvation doesn’t depend on you.
Jesus bought our salvation when He died on the cross. Salvation is not dependent on our efforts. We can’t undo our salvation or do anything to hinder God’s love for us, because His love never ends.
3. Your new life is a series of next steps.
Following Jesus is about taking your next step. Salvation happens immediately, but following Jesus is a lifelong journey. Jesus has given you a new life, and our new selves are revealed over time. God isn’t surprised when you mess up. He knows you will, and that’s why He’s saved you! God has given us His Spirit to walk with us and guide us as we take our next steps.
4. Salvation is all about Jesus.
- “‘I and the Father are one.’ Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, ‘I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?’ ‘We are not stoning you for any of these,’ replied the Jews, ‘but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.'”
- “Philip said, ‘Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.’ Jesus answered: ‘Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?’
If you’ve accepted Christ as Lord and Savior of your life, we want to hear about it!
Click here to contact us today.